Feb 18, 2010

new york fashion week part1

Herve Leger
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love bandage dressing. Herve Leger=god of new bodycon.

Rad Hourani
Photobucket
A Canadian designer with a true point of view. This is so my style.

Cushnie Et Ochs

The spiked, chrome nails....so hard (cue rihanna song)!! I love it!

Alexander Wang
Photobucket
It's amazing how a young designer like Alexander Wang has gotten SO popular in such a short period of time. (And oh yeah that third picture? Holy crap models have never-ending skinny legs...)

I guess my part1 of nyfw coverage was focused on black, and intricate details=mostly what catches my eye and what I want the insides of my closet to look like. There are sooo many other shows to cover that I'm loving.
All I can say about the trends for fall/winter 2010-2011 right now...
  • Black and gray are always in.
  • ...But outerwear in browns are huge.
  • Shearling.......Oh. My. Gosh.
  • Long jersey skirts (only for those privileged in height)
  • Fur. And lots of it!
  • Chunky clunky wedges
  • Soft dusty colors, in layers
  • Simple draping
more later....

No comments: